Tod's is owned by Tod's Group.
Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate Tod's “Not Good Enough”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses few lower-impact materials.
- There’s no evidence it’s taking meaningful action to reduce or eliminate hazardous chemicals in manufacturing.
- There’s no evidence it’s taking actions to protect biodiversity in its supply chain.
- There’s no evidence it takes action to minimise its packaging, which is a driver of plastic waste.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assess brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labour to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate Tod's “Not Good Enough”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- None of its supply chain is certified by crucial labour standards that help ensure worker health and safety, living wages, and other rights.
- It received a score of 0-10% in the 2022 Fashion Transparency Index.
- It has a basic policy to support diversity and inclusion in its direct operations and supply chain.
- There’s no evidence it ensures workers are paid living wages in its supply chain.
- During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, it did not disclose adequate policies or safeguards to protect workers in its supply chain from the virus.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Here we rate Tod's “Not Good Enough”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It’s published a general statement about minimising animal suffering but not a formal animal welfare policy.
- It appears to use leather, wool, down, shearling, exotic animal hair, and silk.
- It doesn’t appear to use fur, angora, or exotic animal skin.
- There’s no evidence it traces any animal-derived materials to the first production stage.
Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate Tod's “Not Good Enough” overall.