Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate Pandora “It's a Start”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses a medium proportion of lower-impact materials including recycled materials.
- There’s no evidence it’s taking actions to protect biodiversity in its supply chain.
- There’s no evidence it’s taking meaningful action to reduce or eliminate hazardous chemicals in manufacturing.
- It’s set a science based target to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in both its direct operations and supply chain, and it claims it’s on track.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assess brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labour to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate Pandora “Not Good Enough”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- Part of its final production stage is certified by Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit - SMETA Best Practice Guidance.
- There’s no evidence it provides financial security to its suppliers, which can result in poor working conditions and wages.
- It has a limited policy to support diversity and inclusion in its direct operations and supply chain.
- There’s no evidence it ensures workers are paid living wages in its supply chain.
- During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, it did not disclose adequate policies or safeguards to protect workers in its supply chain from the virus.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Here we rate Pandora “It's a Start”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- There’s no evidence it has an animal welfare policy.
- It appears to use leather, and pearl.
- It doesn’t appear to use wool, down, fur, angora, exotic animal skin, or exotic animal hair.
- It uses few animal-derived materials.
Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate Pandora “Not Good Enough” overall.