Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and Wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate WE Fashion “Not Good Enough”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses some lower-impact materials including recycled materials.
- There’s no evidence it’s taken any action to reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions in its Supply Chain.
- There’s no evidence it’s taking meaningful action to reduce water use.
- There’s no evidence it’s taking actions to protect biodiversity in its supply chain.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assess brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labour to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate WE Fashion “Not Good Enough”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- Most of its final production stage is certified by Business Social Compliance Initiative Code of Conduct - BSCI.
- There’s no evidence it supports diversity and inclusion in its supply chain.
- It partly traces its supply chain including the final and some of the second production stages.
- It claims to have a program to improve wages but there’s no evidence it ensures most workers are paid living wages in most of its supply chain.
- During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, it did not disclose adequate policies or safeguards to protect workers in its supply chain from the virus.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Here we rate WE Fashion “It's a Start”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It has a formal policy aligned with the Five Freedoms of animal welfare but no clear implementation mechanisms in place.
- It appears to use leather, exotic animal hair, and silk.
- It uses recycled wool in some of its wool products.
- It doesn’t appear to use down, fur, angora, or exotic animal skin.
- There’s no evidence it traces any animal-derived materials to the first production stage.
Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate WE Fashion “Not Good Enough” overall.