Bottega Veneta is owned by Kering.
Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate Bottega Veneta “Good”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses few lower-impact materials.
- It’s set a science based target to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in both its direct operations and supply chain, and it claims it’s on track.
- It has a policy to reduce the chemical-heavy chromium processes in its leather tanning.
- To minimise waste, it recycles some of its textile offcuts.
- It has a policy to protect biodiversity throughout its supply chain.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assess brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labour to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate Bottega Veneta “It's a Start”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- More than half its final production stage is certified by Social Accountability International - SA8000.
- It received a score of 41-50% in the 2022 Fashion Transparency Index.
- It has a comprehensive policy to support diversity and inclusion in its direct operations but not in its supply chain.
- It claims to have a program to improve wages but there’s no evidence it ensures its workers are paid living wages in most of its supply chain.
- During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, it disclosed adequate policies to protect workers in its supply chain from the virus.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Here we rate Bottega Veneta “Not Good Enough”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It has a formal policy aligned with the Five Domains of animal welfare.
- It appears to use leather, wool, shearling, exotic animal hair, and silk.
- It doesn’t appear to use down, fur, angora, or exotic animal skin.
- It traces most animal-derived materials to the first production stage.
Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate Bottega Veneta “It's a Start” overall.